Our archive now contains over one thousand accessible, searchable blog posts, covering a wide range of topics.
Here are some you may have missed – read them to quickly brush up on your legal knowledge:
- How to establish a business in South Africa
- Blockchain, syndicated lending and secondary market trades
- 10 things to know about South African private companies
- What is a simulated transaction?
- Extra-territorial application of the National Credit Act
- Force majeure and contractual obligations
- Our Big Read Book series covers a review of insurance judgments from 2018 and 2019, avoidance and cancellation of non-life insurance policies, and a guide to reinstatement value conditions.
- Reviewing the law on reasonable precautions
- When does a claim under a liability policy prescribe?
- Loss adjusters’ reports may not be privileged
- Proof of online questions in insurance application
- Fraud as a defence to payment under a guarantee
- Principal debtor can rectify guarantee between guarantor & beneficiary
- Contracts need consensus
- The nature of a deeming provision
- Separating good from bad in a statute
- Take implementation, good faith and disclosure clauses seriously
- Interpretation of sanctions clause in a policy
- Interpretation of contract: A lawyer’s understanding must not always be imposed on non-lawyers
- Finally, and as often repeated, here are the general rules of interpretation of a contract